History

THEIR LEGACY 1679-2019

This little hospice will remain a place of safety, a permanent memorial of thankfulness to God and of Love for the needy.

Established by James Ravenscroft, gentleman, and Mary, his wife, in the year of man’s salvation, 1679. May the Blessed One bless it. May it be blessed by those blessed by it.”

his

OUR HISTORIC TIMELINES

Cool Timeline

1679
January 10

JHC founded

JHC founded by James Ravenscroft.
1680
January 28

In – 1680

James Ravenscroft dies.
1683
January 6

In – 1683

Son George dies-famous for inventing crystal glass.
1853
January 14

in – 1853

Charities Act led to formation of Charity Commission.
1866
June 5

In – 1866

Land in Bethnal Green develope, Many of the roads named after Visitors Of JHC plus Barnet Grove and Jesus Green.
1868
July 5

In – 1868

Surplus funds, supported local education Grant of £400 for Endowment Fund.
1916
October 6

In – 1916

Visitors come under local pressure from District Council who wanted some control.
1925
April 6

In – 1925

First scheme for JHC by the Charity Commission.
1926
March 6

In – 1926

Visitors granted pensions to those in need.
1927
August 9

In – 1927

12 Almshouses constructed in Potters Lane.
Picture1
housing1
Picture1

About Us

Integer blandit, turpis gravida tempus interdum, tellus tortor cursus quam, sed euismod purus velit eget nisl. Morbi tempus, elit eget aliquam elementum, dui arcu imperdiet massa, sed finibus erat tellus porttitor arcu. Suspendisse nec nisl a justo blandit semper sit amet ut justo. Nunc libero tortor, faucibus et metus quis, mollis

housing1

What We Do

Integer blandit, turpis gravida tempus interdum, tellus tortor cursus quam, sed euismod purus velit eget nisl. Morbi tempus, elit eget aliquam elementum, dui arcu imperdiet massa, sed finibus erat tellus porttitor arcu. Suspendisse nec nisl a justo blandit semper sit amet ut justo. Nunc libero tortor, faucibus et metus quis, mollis

Meet our community

Parishioner stories

a