Following a recent merger, Jesus Hospital Charity are delighted to welcome the six lady residents from the Wilbrahams Almshouses in Monken Hadley.
Wilbrahams have a long proud history, having been founded in 1612 by Sir Roger Wilbraham. His family crest is displayed as a tablet on the almshouse wall and the nearby St Mary’s church which has a large memorial tablet representing him, his wife and children.
The 6 almshouses were built to provide for “6 poor decayed housekeepers”.
We look forward to celebrating Wilbrahams 400 year anniversary in 2012.