The Charity now provides fifty four almshouses in the Chipping Barnet and Monken Hadley areas.
All residents are provided with a separate kitchen and bathroom and most have their own bedrooms and lounge. They also have their own little areas of garden and all of our sites are set in lovely grounds.
Application for Almshouse Accommodation
Applicants for an Almshouse are considered, provided the following criteria are met:
- Entry is limited to ladies aged over fifty.
- A period of residence in the area of benefit. This is the former urban districts of Barnet, (This comprises High Barnet and New Barnet) plus East Barnet and Friern Barnet. The Trustees may consider applicants who do not live in any of these areas, but do live elsewhere in the borough of Barnet.
- That you are able to live independently. (condition of entry will be dependant on a letter stating this, from your Doctor)
- In housing need. You must demonstrate a pressing reason to move from where you are currently staying.
- Evidence that you have limited financial means. If the Trustees consider that you have sufficient funds to be able to rent privately, you will be advised of this.